Sunday, December 2, 2007

#17 Creating the LPLS Staff Wiki

Mission accomplished! Maybe not the best I've ever done, but sitting at home trying to recreate the whole memorial process in my mind was a challenge. I may have to edit it when I get back to work 'cause I'm sure I forgot something! This is such a great idea and what better way to involve the whole staff in the process. It sure beats one or two people doing the whole thing. I was very impressed with the processes that have already been posted. They are well thought out and easy to follow. Once the whole manual is posted, it will be invaluable in searching quickly locating information. As a process is changed or becomes obsolete it can be updated quickly and easily. For the ones of us that don't use some of these procedures on a daily basis, it will be a great way to refresh our failing memories!

I would like to pursue the idea of including a calendar for everyone to access that would show library closings, rotation schedules, leave time, paydays, staff and supervisor meetings. This would be easily accessed from home or anywhere by any staff. I would also like to get the policy manual and job descriptions there as well as I get them redone and approved by the Library Board. Wow, such exciting possibilities are awaiting us! Thanks to you, Jerianne, for putting all this together and to you, Laurel, for giving us the opportunity to learn. Thanks to all those who have participated in the process--we have such an extraordinary staff. I'm proud to be your co-worker.

No comments: