Monday, December 17, 2007

#23 Podcasts, Smodcasts

After listening to an introduction to podcasting by Jason Rhode from NIU, I took a look at Podcast.net. The type of presentation he did I think could be used for online staff training (then you wouldn't have to look at someone like me!). I first went to entertainment and listened to an 1938 broadcast of the Lone Ranger--"The Abilene Horse Thieves"--pretty cool to listen to an original broadcase that's almost 70 years old! It was very easy to search the sites and listen to just about anything I could possibly want to listen to. I decided to type in "library" and got quite a lengthy list of choices. I picked one called "Engaging youth on their own terms: instant messaging & gaming in libraries" by SirsiDynix Institute. I guess my computer was tired because it never fully downloaded. I have marked it to go back and listen to because I would like to hear what they have to say since this has been a hot topic among libraries lately. I have seen podcasts on the NPR website and they frequently mention it on their broadcasts daily.

No comments: