Monday, December 3, 2007

#18 Web-Based Apps Increase Productivity

Well, this is my first attempt at one of the web-based applications--Google Docs. It seems to be set up much like Microsoft Word. I like the idea of creating a document or spreadsheet that can be shared with others no matter what "version" anyone has or program. You also don't have to know HTML or try to create a PDF version to send, read or edit. You don't have as many options as you do in other specific programs--your fonts are limited, but many of the other features are the same. I think this might be good to use for LINK articles--especially if we start producing it online. I can also see it being very valuable for presentations so that you don't have to make sure that it works on a specific computer or load it on a flash drive, etc. I think I'll try out a presentation next. I'll be interested in seeing what kind of options are available there.

Well, I tried to post the above doc from Google Docs, but I didn't have much success. I changed my blog settings, but couldn't put in Blogspot.com as the blog provider. I don't know if that's the problem or not. Oh, well. I'll keep trying!

No comments: